Voluntary Disclosure of Payments to Healthcare Professionals and Healthcare Organizations January-December 2021
The Voluntary Disclosure of Payments was developed by Innovative Medicines Canada. As a partner in Canada’s healthcare system, Gilead Sciences Canada, Inc. (Gilead Canada) regularly collaborates with healthcare professionals (HCPs) and healthcare organizations (HCOs) to foster scientific exchange, for the ultimate benefit of patients. These collaborations are bound by local and international laws and regulated by Innovative Medicine Canada’s Code of Ethical Practices. Gilead Canada's decision to publish our payments to HCPs and HCOs is voluntary and part of our overall commitment to greater transparency and high ethical standards in our business practices.
It takes more than science to improve people’s health and quality of life. Engaging with healthcare practitioners and healthcare organizations is critical to Gilead Sciences, Inc.’s (Gilead's) efforts to advance the treatment of life-threatening diseases in areas of unmet medical need.
Since Gilead’s inception, we have worked together to contribute to our mission of advancing patient care. Fundamental to this mission is Gilead’s commitment and adherence to the highest standards of transparency and business conduct while striving to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world.
All payment information has been captured in aggregate form (one sum total) and presented below in three categories:
1. Fee for HCP Services
2. Funding to HCOs
3. Sponsorship of HCP Travel
*For clarity purposes only, please note the following:
- Applicable taxes may be included or excluded.
- The values provided may include certain related incidental expenses (such as, but not limited to, mileage reimbursement for travel).
- Transfer of Value (ToV) is captured according to the payment date and not necessarily the date on which the activity occurred. Therefore, some activities in 2019 are reported as ToVs in 2020, and some activities that occurred in 2019 will be reported in the 2021 report.
- Payments made to HCOs may include payments that were passed through to HCPs as fee for service and, if so, will be captured in either category 1 or category 2, but the same payment will not be captured in both categories.
- Total funding to HCOs may also include payments to Patient Associations, as the reporting system does not have the functionality to separate out such payments.
- Gilead has used its reasonable best efforts to capture the most comprehensive data possible according to its knowledge and interpretation of the Voluntary Framework of Payments to Healthcare Professionals and Healthcare Organizations.
Note: While Gilead makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information, Gilead makes no warranty and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein. Gilead shall not be liable for damages resulting from the use or misuse of the information contained on this website. Certain links may lead to resources located on servers that are not maintained by Gilead or under its control, and such hypertext links are provided as a convenience only. The inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement by or of the referenced site and Gilead is not responsible for the contents of or the availability of access to such websites.